Summary of destination
Route Thessaloniki – Meteora – Thessaloniki
Distance : 230Km + 250Km
Tour : Kalambaka,Meteora,Lithochoro,Dion
Meteora is an ideal destination for daily tour. The route to Meteora from Thessaloniki is breathtaking. It takes 2,5 hours to arrive to Meteora. In Meteora the visitors can go to six monasteries:
The most important monasteries of Meteora are:
– The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoron.
– The Holy Monastery of Varlaam
– The Holy Monastery of Rousanou
– The Holy Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas
– The Holy Monastery of St. Stephen
– The Monastery of Holy Trinity
We can have a stop in Kalambaka for coffee before reaching Meteora. After the visit to Meteora , we can have a stop either in Kalambaka or in picturesque Kastraki for lunch. While getting back we can have a stop in Litochoro an idyllic village in Pieria, for coffee and then we can stop at Dion to visit the archaeological place and then get back to Thessaloniki.
The tour can be altered according to your preferences .